Monday, September 3, 2012

Texas nights


july 13, 2012
I just started summer school this week, and I feel like my awesome summer break is slowly ending… I’m taking Physics II at the ACC campus waaayy up in north Austin from 8-12, then I head way south to work until 6, then work on my online biology class in the evening. You’d think I was a science major with all this sciencey nonsense I have to take… Anyway, before school started, I was having a pretty good summer!



The most “Texas” night I’ve had in a long time :) We went swimming at the greenbelt, ate dinner at the Gristmill in Gruene, and then saw Kyle Park in New Braunfels that night. Nothing like a beautiful Texas sunset, country music, and bbq to make me realize how much I’m going to miss these things when I’m abroad!

 
Shelly drove back to Austin for the concert, and when we got home Michaela was also back in Austin for the weekend. Roomie reunion!! 


While Michaela was in town, we got a little group together from the tri team to go on a ride. It was a gorgeous evening and a great workout! I’m still nowhere near prepared for Triaggieland, a triathlon in College Station that I’m doing on Sunday, but it was fun to get back on my bike. 
Also, I recently found out that there are two students from the Universidad Politecnica de Valencia (the school I’m going to in Spain) who are studying at UT this fall! We’ve been emailing back and forth, I’m excited that they’re going to be in Austin for a little while before I leave to go abroad. That way we can help each other choose classes and find decent housing!

No comments:

Post a Comment